This online meeting on parliamentlive.tv took place six days ago. The meeting was chaired by the feminist Labour MP Yvette Balls (nee Cooper), and the six witnesses were all women:
- Nicole James, designate Domestic Abuse Commissioner for England and Wales
- Lucy Hadley, Head of Campaigns and Policy, Women’s Aid Federation of England
- Rosie Lewis, Deputy Director and Violence Against Women and Girls Services Manager, The Angelou Centre
- Lorna Glenhill, Deputy Director, Asylum Matters
- Dr Jill O’Leary, GP Medical Advice Service, Helen Bamber Foundation
- Theresa Schleicher, Casework Manager, Medical Justice
Gender balance is a fine thing…
Our last general election manifesto is here.
If everyone who read this gave us £5.00 – or even better, £5.00 or more, monthly – we could change the world. £5.00 monthly would entitle you to Bronze party membership, details here. Benefits include a dedicated and signed book by Mike Buchanan. Click below to make a difference. Thanks.