I have received the following absurd email from Varsity:
Dear Mr Buchanan,
I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out from Varsity regarding allegations which have been brought to our attention concerning the protest held against the event held by Justice for Men and Boys (J4MB) at the University of Cambridge late last month.
If you could please respond to the following claims as soon as is possible, I would be very grateful:
1. One protestor, who was stood among a group of protestors through which “several attendees decided to walk on their way out of the event” (despite allegedly being asked to use a different exit so as to avoid the protestors), claimed that one male attendee became “more and more aggressive as he passed through the crowd, and eventually tried to punch a male protestor standing next to him”.
2. Another protestor claims to have witnessed a female protestor being “pushed aggressively” against a wall by an attendee of the event, while one claimed to have heard threats of sexual violence being directed towards a female protestor.
3. One protestor said that that the alleged “aggressive targeting and online harassment of students by J4MB’s supporters” prior to the event “gave good reason to suspect that they might act with violence towards protestors and women on campus.”
4. “Our concerns about the wellbeing and safety of students and staff, which had been repeatedly raised prior to the J4MB event being hosted by the University, proved absolutely founded” following the events, said one protestor.
Please do make a note of to whom your statement should be attributed in your response, and feel free to add any further comment you see fit regarding the events. Thank you in advance for your help.
Varsity News Team
Thank you. Please attribute the following to me, though I know from previous exchanges you’ll be very selective in what, if anything, you choose to publish.
1. The claims are nothing more than a continuation of the lies and misrepresentations made against J4MB and its supporters since we announced the talks. If any evidence exists to support any of them, please publish them (hint: no such evidence exists).
2. The police recorded an assault of a man and his 16yo son who’d attended the event, our blog piece on the matter here.
3. Varsity was allegedly complicit in the milkshake incident, given your photographer was there, and on your published piece the photo was credited to Varsity. The man is in the video following one of our supporters apprehending one of the assailants here.
4. Your outlet has been little more than a mouthpiece for lying feminist students and academics from the outset. You have published not one piece of evidence to substantiate any of their allegations against us, you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves for your absence of balanced critical journalism. Our blog pieces on the talks, and associated matters here.
5. I look forward to seeing your Editor and photographer in court, facing charges in relation to the assaults.
UK Men’s Rights Action, our official supporters’ Facebook page, is here.
If everyone who read this gave us £5.00 – or even better, £5.00 or more, monthly – we could change the world. £5.00 monthly would entitle you to Bronze party membership, details here. Benefits include a dedicated and signed book by Mike Buchanan. Click below to make a difference. Thanks.