Our thanks to Stu for this. A few key facts about genital mutilation:
- both FGM and MGM are illegal in the UK, under the Offences Against the Person Act (1861). FGM is also specifically illegal under a 1985 Act, introduced at the behest of feminists who had no interest in MGM coming to an end
- MGM is carried out by men at the behest of men
- FGM is carried out by women at the behest of women
- all MGM is more injurious than most FGM
- MGM is common in the UK, especially in Muslim and Jewish families
- FGM is rarely carried out in the UK, and the police / CPS do not target the cohort of women carrying it out, middle-aged and elderly black women, so determined are they to perpetuate the lying feminist narrative (the word ‘lying’ is superfluous, of course) that FGM is carried out at the behest of men. In Africa in particular, women oppose initiatives to end FGM, while men support the initiatives
The state’s focus on FGM and utter disinterest in MGM is an extraordinary example of the empathy gender gap.
If everyone who read this gave us just £1 – or even better, £1 monthly – we could change the world. Click here to make a difference. Thanks.