Our thanks to Mike for pointing us to this, an article by a journalist at the Telegraph, written by a young woman (what are the chances?). I particularly enjoyed her reference to FTSO100 board directors. The article is so fawning towards, and uncritical of, the WEP, that it could have been written by the gormless ladies at the Fawcett Society.
The six goals of the WEP are stated in the article and repeated below, with our brief commentary:
1. Equal representation in politics and business – regardless of women’s relative willingness (compared with men) to enter those fields, their work ethic, experience and expertise? Of course. Special treatment rather than equality, then.
2. Equal representation in education – the education system has favoured girls since 1987/8, and the majority of teachers and university students have been women for years. What form of equal representation are these fruitcakes seeking?
3. Equal pay – can these women really be so stupid as to not understand what drives the f/t gender pay gap, which only exists for workers over 40, and has nothing to do with employers paying men more than women for the same work? Yes, they can!
4. Equal treatment of women in the media – what does this mean?
5. Equal parenting rights – so WEP will be campaigning for women’s parenting rights to be reduced in line with men’s? Excellent. About damned time we had some gender equality in this area.
6. An end to violence against women – no need for an end to violence by women, against men and women, then? The highest levels of intimate partner violence are found in lesbian couples, and in most cases where interpersonal violence in a heterosexual relationship is one-directional, the perpetrators are women.
All six goals are either ridiculous or baffling. We can be sure it won’t be long before Ms Walker wins one of our awards, probably all three in time:
– Lying Feminist of the Month
– Whiny Feminist of the Month
– Gormless Feminist of the Month
The idea of a Women’s Equality Party is so absurd, its mere existence will direct support to J4MB. Thanks, ladies.